More information on Heather’s gear appears in ABOUT > FAQ > Gear section
Below this copy are archived posts that specifically relate to photographic gear.
Cameras –all digital
- Nikon D4 and D800
- Hasselblad H4D-40 with HC 80mm & HC Macro 120mm lenses
- AF-S Nikkor 12 – 24mm f4 G ED zoom
- AF-S Nikkor 24 – 120mm f3.5 / 5.6 G zoom
- AF-SVR 105mm f2.8 G Micro-Nikkor
- AF 70 – 180mm f4.5 / 5.6 Micro-Nikkor
- AF-S Nikkor 70 – 200mm f2.8 GII ED zoom
- AF-S VR 200-400mm f4 ED zoom
- AF-S Nikkor f4 D 500mm
- TC 17E 11 Tele-Converter
- TC 20E 111 Tele-Converter AF-S
My philosophy is that every bit of gear must earn its keep, so I never rush to upgrade whenever a new model is released. Instead, I wait for the reviews to appear and even then opt not to replace until I need a specific function or my main workhorse suffers a major mishap.
- Gitzo carbon fibre GT3540 6X with Really Right Stuff BH-35 ballhead.
- Benbo Mark 1 – for working in water, since the lower leg segments slide over the upper ones, they can be immersed in water up to just below the locking knob.
- Reflectors – various sizes Lastolite
- Diffusers – various sizes Lastolite
- Cubelites – various sizes Lastolite
- Honl traveller8 for SB-900 flash
- Nikon SB-900 speedlights
- Nikon SB-R1C1 Commander Kit – wireless macro flash system
- Paul C. Buff Einstein 640WS high speed flash up to 1/13,000 sec
- Flash unit above
- Fibre optics
- Various LED lights including LitePanels and LED torches
Short for Plamp clamp, made by Wimberley. Used to steady a plant stem in a persistent breeze, for precisely holding a small reflector, a diffuser or an anti flare flag and for holding a branch out of shot.
- Really Right Stuff (RRS) B150-B: Macro focusing rail for focus stacks